YOG TO UNITE – International Yoga Day celebrations for the greater good
YOG TO UNITE – International Yoga Day celebrations for the greater good. A Very Happy International Yoga Day to all of you. Stay healthy, Stay Fit.
Weather saluted, enthusiasm swelled and in India on the Sunday morning of 21 June YOG united men on the International Yoga Day.
Politicians, bureaucrats, professors, celebrities, home makers and students gathered all over the country to observe International Yoga Day as stated by United Nations.
UN secretary general Ban-Ki-Moon expressed that the response to this particular international day has been tremendous and unprecedented. Over 192 countries commemorated Yoga Day with utmost gusto and vigor.
India very jubilantly passed on the message of union and universal peace through Yog. Prime Minister Narendra Modi actively participated in the event held at “Rajpath” quoting that it had turned to “Yogpath”.
This is a programme for ‘manav kalyan’ (welfare of humans), a tension-free world and a programme to spread the message of ‘sadbhavana’ (goodwill),” the Prime Minister said.
From Himalayas to Rajpath YOG made its presence felt in the modern day life. Prime Minister insisted on it being the path for a tension free life and hence a harmonious world. Tweets followed appreciating our PM’s fitness.
Individuals across the world accomplished the ancient art, which, the Prime Minister states, promotes a cleaner way of living and a healthier body.
In the crowd were Delhi’s lieutenant governor Najeeb Jung and chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, Four eminent yoga gurus on the dais – Ramdev, HR Nagendra, Hansaji Jayadeva Yogendra and Swami Atmapriyananda.
Adding to this festivity were the facts that India set two world records on Sunday with the Yoga mass session at Rajpath in New Delhi — one for largest number of participants and another for the most number of nationalities at a single event.
From New York to Sydney to Tokyo the entire world was swept by the impact of this ancient Indian phenomenon. Indian Armed Forces and countless school students bent it right. Yoga now commercialized for our own benefits holds much knowledge of our body as well as our soul. Whether you are in your youth or not, enveloping yourself into this healthy practice is recommended.
Here is what you should know about Yoga
- Yoga is more than mastering postures and increasing your flexibility and strength.
- The traditional purpose of Yoga has always been to bring about a profound transformation in the person through the transcendence of the ego.
- Yogis are connoisseurs of the breath. They treat it like the fine and rare treasure it is. They study it and aim at making it smooth, long, and peaceful. Yoga is a breathing practice.
- If you do yoga, in six months your body changes, but almost immediately your mind changes, your emotions change, your presence changes, and everyone will notice your new shine.
- Most scholars agree that even though yoga and Hinduism are closely related, and that yoga is within religion, it is not itself a religion. Yoga is more often considered a type of spirituality.
- The entire science of yoga is based on this one Sutra: ‘If you can control the fluctuations of the mind you will experience Yoga’.
With this mystic and ancient practice you might be able to achieve all that you want from life. Why not start now?
For more, stay tuned to The Giztimes. Like us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus for more updates.
AUTHOR: GARIMA JAITLY