Top 10 TV Shows You Need to Watch
Top 10 TV Shows You Need to Watch
Once you enter the magnificent world of TV Shows, I am sorry, my friend, but there is no turning back. You will not be satisfied with watching one episode a day five times a week, and before you know it, it is 4 in the morning and you are curled up with your laptop in a blanket and crying because your favourite character did a “thing”. Well, as long as you know what you’re signing up for, here are a few TV series (in no particular order) I would recommend. Walk through the Top 10 TV Shows You must watch!
- BBC Sherlock (2012-Present): Sherlock Holmes stories set in modern-day London. It is witty, funny and ceaselessly amazing, and does extreme justice to Arthur Conan Doyle’s work.
Bonus Point: Andrew Scott carries Moriarty to a whole new level of villain-ary and brilliance. His performance will honestly “burn the heart out of you.” And Benedict Cumberbatch is THE best Sherlock, and once you’re done watching, you will agree with me.
- The Simpsons (1989-Present): Clever, funny, filled with pop-culture references subtly making fun of everyone and everything. Definitely a great laugh.
Bonus Point: Homer Simpson’s “D’oh!” and “Why, you little…”
- Dexter (2006-2013): Forensic Scientist…Also, part time Serial Killer. But you will still love him, and that is the brilliance of this show.
Bonus Point: Everything is a mystery which keeps you on your toes.
- Doctor Who (2005-Present): Coming from the alien race of Time Lords, the Doctor with his companion and the good old TARDIS takes intergalactic adventures that have a worldwide fanbase. Doctor has become a religion.
Bonus Point: “Trust me, I’m the Doctor.”
- Friends (1994-2004): It is one TV show you can watch a thousand times and it still will be funny. Everything, from plot to the characters is written so beautifully, you just cannot help but watch it over and over again.
Bonus Point: Joey’s “How you doin’?”, Chandler’s “Could it BE more…?”, Ross’s “Hi”, Monica’s “I KNOW!”, and let us not forget Phoebe’s Smelly Cat.
P.S. OH. MY. GOD!
- Supernatural (2005-Present): Two men hunting demons, fighting Hell, Heaven, Purgatory and what-not with the help of a fallen angel. Not going to lie, the show will take your heart and break it into a million pieces.
Bonus Point: Nothing is remotely even comparable to Dean Winchester’s love for Pie, Impala and his younger brother, Sammy. Also, you may not ship Destiel, but you do ship Destiel.
- Breaking Bad (2008-2013): A Chemistry teacher who decides to start a Meth lab. This is as good as acting and a plot can get. The fans are still crying over the fact that it is over.
Bonus Point: Jesse Pinkman’s love for swear words.
- Homeland (2011-Present): Carrie Mathison, a CIA agent suspects that Nick Brody, a rescued soldier is not exactly the hero everyone makes him out to be. Simply brilliant.
Bonus Point: Clare Danes is so brilliant as Carrie, you can hardly imagine her as someone else.
- Once Upon A Time (2011-present): Henry locates his birth mother to come and save Storybrooke and Storybrooke’s residents are every single fairy tale character you ever loved come to life.
Bonus Point: Every though you hate Regina/The Evil Queen, you love her.
- Game of Thrones (2011-Present): Based on the works of George R. R. Martin. Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.
Bonus Point: You don’t need to memorize everybody’s name because soon they will be dead. Cruel, I know.
Time to gather your tissues, snacks, earphone and charge your laptop. You’re going on a journey.
Follow Giztimes on Facebook, twitter and Google Plus to read more stories by Mrinal. Leave a comment below and share your views if you have anything to add to this story on Top 10 TV Shows you need to watch!
AUTHOR: MRINAL VERMA