January 3, 2015 – News Headlines
January 3, 2015 – News Headlines
January 3, 2015 – News Headlines – INDIA
- Two soldiers and a woman killed in cross-border shelling bu Pakistani troops in three sectors of Jammu and Kashmir. Due to this over 1400 people were evacuated to safety from border areas of Jammu.
- Around aircraft are now monitoring the coast and surveillance has been increased on the Gujrat coast following the Pakistan boat incident.
- PM inaugurates Indian Science Congress at Mumbai University; says scientific innovations should be able to reach the poor. He asks the banks to play a pro-active role in helping common man and in prioritizing loans for job-generating companies.
- CBI constitutes 4 unique teams to fast-track probe in the 45000 crore rupees ponzi scam related to Pearls Group.
- Centre to set up 7000 sports complexes across the country.
- Temperature pushed up in North India due to mild rains and overcast skies.
- AAP replaces the Wazirpur candidate for the upcoming Delhi assembly elections following some prima facie negative reports received against him from that area.
- Digital raths showing 3D images of PM and playing his speech as part of its campaign for the upcoming elections – Launched by Delhi BJP.
- Union Minister for Science and Technology, Harsh Vardhan inaugurates ‘Pride of India’, a mega science & technology exhibition as a part of the 102nd Indian Science Congress in Mumbai .
January 3, 2015 – News Headlines -WORLD
- U.S. imposes fresh financial sanctions on North Korea in response to cyber attacks on Sony Pictures.
- US Official – Palestinian ICC move will have implications for aid.
- 40 people abducted by suspected Islamist in northeast Nigeria
- A Palestinian youth infiltrating from Gaza was killed by Egyptian troops.
- 2014 – The deadliest year in Iraq for civilians since 2006-7 bloodshed- U.N.
- Repeated failure of the bid in New York to extend legal rights to chimps.
- France wants action on Libya, stops short of African calls for intervention.
- Indonesia search and rescue finds 2 objects in hunt for AirAsia jet.
- Yemen arrests 3 foreigners over possible al-Qaeda links
- Iran denies the deal with U.S. to ship enriched uranium to Russia.
- Israel mulls war crimes lawsuit against top Palestinians.
- Fog causes severe disruption at Abu Dhabi airport – Etihad Airways.
- Saudi Arabia to reopen Baghdad Embassy after 25- year chill.
- Power struggle rips open in Germany’s eurosceptic AfD party.
- Suspect U.S. embassy bombings in Kenya, Tanzania, dies before NY trial.
- New air strike on Libyan city Misrata, clashes near oil port.
- Security alert issued for the city of Surabaya by the U.S. embassy in Indonesia.
- Islamic State seeking bases inside Lebanon – Lebanon security chief.
- At least 15 killed in ‘Boko Haram’ attack on Cameroon bus.
- Italy’s second ghost ship rescue prompts EU pledge on migrants.
- U.S. appeals court denies request to delay Boston Marathon bombing trial.
- Obama’s Cuba opening hits early obstacles, faces struggle with congrss.
- Lebanon tightens entry requirements for Syrians- Security official.
- Artist Bruguera freed in Cuba after colleagues write in support.
These were the January 3, 2015 – News Headlines. For more updates keep visiting our site. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter. Feel free to share this article on Facebook, Twitter and Google plus. Leave comments if you have anything more to add to our article or if you want to share your opinion with us. Thank You