January 2, 2015 – News Headlines
January 2, 2015 – News Headlines
January 2, 2015 – News Headlines – India
- Karnataka High Court sets up a unique bench of Justice CR Kumaraswamy to hear Jaylalithaa’s appeal in disproportionate assets case.
- Excise duty on petrol , Diesel hiked by 2 rupees per litre; No change in retail prices.
- Income tax department issues a notice to Robert Vadra firm demanding an explanation on land deals.
- Delhi government decides to maintain its decision of banning Uber Cab Service.
- Two police constables from Musa Jhag police station located in Baudan district of Uttar Pradesh, suspended for allegedly raping a 9 year old girl on Wednesday.
- PM Narendra Modi suggests that cashless transactions are one of the best ways to deal with the problem of black money.
- MOM or Mangalyaan – India’s first planetary mission has completed 100 days around Mars.
- Delhi police to recruit 200 personnel from each Northeastern state , says Union Minister Rajnath Singh. Fast track courts will now be handling all the cases related to the Northeastern people.
- Commuters protest against the disruption that took place due to the technical panto-graph snag in the Mumbai local train services on the Central Railway, Lathicharge.
- A suspicious boat carrying explosives blows up near the Indo-Pak maritime boundary in the Arabian Sea after interception by the Indian coast guard.
- Sensex surges 380 points to close at a nearly 4 week closing high of 27,888.
Also Read – 1 JANUARY 2015 NEWS HEADLINES
January 2, 2015 News Headlines – World
- Palestinians’ joining of war crime courts angers Israel, US.
- Brazil’s Rousseff vows budget cuts, anti corruption push in second terms.
- Gun attack wounds three Kenyan soldiers near Somali border.
- French investigators to arrive on Friday at AirAsia crash scene -BEA.
- South Korean Students linger on campus as jobs grow scarce.
- Saudi Arabia captures Shi’ites suspected of instigating unrest.
- Zhang Kunsheng, a senior Chinese diplomat is no longer an assistant foreign minister as he has been sacked for suspected corruption.
- Cologne Cathedral to turn out the lights in protest at anti-Muslim march .
- At least killed in al Shabaad attack at Somali military base.
- Turkish leftist group claims the responsibility for Istanbul police attack.
- Gunmen kill 3 Sunni clerics near Iraq’s Basra.
- After a deadly blaze , a burnt-out ferry was towed to Italy.
- U.N. extends mandate of tribunal trying Hariri bomb suspects.
- 35 cars pile up after a crash in New Hampshire snow squall.
- UN mission chief says that Ebola fight remains tough but may be won this year.
- 2 jailed Jazeera journalist seek presidential deportation from Egypt.
- Search teams battle rough weather in hunt for AirAsia wreck.
- Ukraine reports first military death of the year 2015.
- Vatican prosecutor seeks trial of protester who scaled St. Peter’s.
- Israeli settlers stone the U.S. diplomatic cars-police.
These were the January 2, 2015 – News Headlines. For more updates keep visiting our site. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter. Feel free to share this article on Facebook, Twitter and Google plus. Leave comments if you have anything more to add to our article or if you want to share your opinion with us. Thank You