GATE 2016 Registrations Begin Today – Everything You Need To Know
GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India test that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. The exam is jointly conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIT’s on behalf of the National Coordinate Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), and Government of India.
The registration process for GATE 2016 has started from today, that is 1st September, 2015 and will close on 1st October, 2015. Let’s run you through the details of the exam. Also Check: iPhone 7 Specifications
Syllabus For Gate 2016:
- General Aptitude (GA) : Common in all papers
- AE: Aerospace Engineering
- PE: Petroleum Engineering
- AG: Agricultural Engineering
- PH: Physics
- AR: Architecture and Planning
- PI: Production and Industrial Engineering
- BT: Biotechnology
- TF: Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
- CE: Civil Engineering
- XE -A: Engineering Mathematics
- CH: Chemical Engineering
- XE-B: Fluid Mechanics
- CS: Computer Sc. and Information Technology
- XE-C: Materials Science
- CY: Chemistry
- XE-D: Solid Mechanics
- EC: Electronics and Communication Engg.
- XE-E: Thermodynamics
- EE: Electrical Engineering
- XE-F: Polymer Science and Engineering
- EY: Ecology and Evolution
- XE – G: Food Technology
- GG: Geology and Geophysics
- XL – H: Chemistry
- IN: Instrumentation Engineering
- XL-I: Biochemistry
- MA: Mathematics
- XL-J: Botany
- ME: Mechanical Engineering
- XL – K: Microbiology
- MN: Mining Engineering
- XL – L: Zoology
- MT: Metallurgical Engineering
Important Dates for GATE 2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application– October 1, 2015
- Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login – November 20, 2015
- Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface – December 17, 2015
- GATE 2016 Online Examination – (On Saturdays and Sundays only) January 30 to February 07, 2016
- Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
- Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
- Announcement of Results – March 19, 2016
Important Things to Note for GATE 2016
- Exam will be conducted by Computer Based Test (CBT). The online paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be typed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of MCQ
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured prior to the exam.
- GATE 2016 has the online application system and no hard copy needs to be sent.
- Admit cards for GATE 2016 will be available online and shall not be posted at their resident.
New Updates in GATE 2016
- No physical calculator is allowed. An online virtual calculator shall be provided. This calculator will be available online for the candidates to practice before the exam.
- A new paper Petroleum Engineering (PE) is introduced in GATE 2016.
- All answer keys will be made available for dispute within a short time after completion of the exam. Every answer key can be challenged. A nominal fee will be levied to prevent frivolous challenges.
You can apply for GATE 2016, by clicking on this link: GATE 2016. For more updates, stay tuned to Giztimes and follow us on facebook, twitter and google plus. If you have any questions regarding GATE 2016, drop it below in the comment box.